Monday, March 10, 2008

The Aftermath


I voted for my birthday party and Uncle Vellu got his worst ever birthday celebration. :) Well, that's too bad Uncle Vellu. I am sure many people like me are still sore about the LDP toll rates at Sri Damansara. The 60% increase from RM1 to RM1.60 is too much for us to bear every single day. TWICE a day!

It's definitely going to be quite an interesting 5 years. I wanted to see how the new MBs are going to address common complaints especially that involves the rakyats pockets. Owhh.. I also wanted to see the bungalow with many rooms in Pandamaran, Klang being investigated and parties involved being charged. I hope no documents (hence the evidence) are being destroyed during the handover.

The minister who accused "bloggers syok sendiri" is also eating his heart out by now. That minister not only lost his seat, but probably lost his sleep too. Like it or not, bloggers DO have cyber powers that translated into votes.

Congratulations to bloggers who won. If you didn't deliver, we'll definitely vote you out in the next round just like the fate of few ministers. Fuhh... biggest casualties ever in history ! Owhh btw, I think the Shah Alam MP lost his because of many reasons especially flood in TTDI Jaya which has cost millions of Ringgit to the house owners (including my sister's!). Thank you for NOT listening to the rakyat!

Few years back I see blogger Nik Nazmi as one of our future leaders though I didn't fancy him working with his current boss. Having won the N32 Seri Setia state seat, I now see Nik Nazmi as the future Prime Minister. The young blood (he's only 26) who reads widely and certainly has great vision, also has photographic skill which I admire.

I've got only one thing to say about managing people. No doubt it is the most difficult task. Doesn't matter whether it's just a small establishment (managing 14 staff in a small restaurant) or dealing with thousands of rakyat, just remember that when you deal with the people, it's their pockets that you've got to think first. If you didn't care about mending the big hole in their pocket, you're not going to be their Wakil Rakyat in the next round.

Last but not least, Penang's Chief Minister stepped down voluntarily and taking the blame on his party's defeat. I sincerely hope our PM will do the same too. Don't be like the frog in a boiling pot tales.

Till then, happy Monday everybody!

Quote of the Day :
Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. Niels Bohr

No comments: